A paint system will only perform optimal if pre-treatment and application have been done correctly according to the prescribed instructions and methods.
The COT laboratory performs regularly tests and investigations in this area; some examples are the following:
- surface cleanliness (visual inspection according to ISO 8501 and ISO 8502 and measuring the chloride content using the Bressle test
- surface roughness (ISO 8503; Ra and Rz values, Testex tape, roughness comparator)
- characterising blasting abrasives (ISO 11127; particle size distribution, moisture content, conductivity, soluble salts bulk density)
- effect of pre-treatment
- chloride content in concrete
- moisture content
- mixing ratio
- workability (with airless of air spraying)
- drying times
- pot life (ISO 9514)
- spreading ratio
- wrinkling, beading
- orange peel effect
The COT laboratory has an own application room to prepare panels / samples for various tests. We have brush, roller, air spraying and airless spray equipment (pump 1:66).